I.FO.L.D. is a research, education and training institute set up in 1986 by a group of women with professional competences in various fields.
The mission and vocation are motivated by a cultural awareness generated from the theory and practical application of women’s policies and an idea of vocational training within a communicative context, where our trainees are encouraged to develop competences from their own innate potential.
For a number of years I.FO.L.D. has focussed on professional training for women and has accumulated experience and expertise in the field of education, which is today offered to both sexes; our training programmes form part of a regional and European training programme.
Our institute in involved in promoting numerous activities:
▪ It undertakes research and studies in various fields, in particular on employment markets and new professions.
▪ It organises conferences, meetings and seminars on education, career guidance and job training.
▪ It promotes cultural events on subjects such as literature, philosophy and women’s policy
▪ It plans and organises innovative professional training courses in various professional sectors as well as using consolidated methods of training. We specialise in both basic training with statutory two-year compulsory training courses (set up under Law 53/2003) and in post-diploma and post-graduate training, with our IFTS courses, run in conjunction with schools, universities and companies; we also run specialist training courses as part of an interregional programme for higher education and training.
▪ We promote and encourage female entrepreneurship using the following tried and tested system of integrated action:
- SPECIALIST GUIDANCE AND CONSULTANCY
▪ We are also involved in the training of professional trainers and the professional development of teachers, all work training staff and consultants.
▪ We coordinate and manage European projects within a variety of EU programmes and initiatives.
Since 1998, I.FO.L.D. has been part of the European network IRIS.
Since 1989, we have worked with the European network EWA (Europe Work Action) and the Italian branch of CORA
(Centri Orientamento Retravailler Associati, Associated Centres for work re-training).
Since 2004 IFOLD has had the UNI EN ISO certification.
Our accredited operations centres include the following:
Alghero: c/o Parco Regionale di Porto Conte (Villa Gioiosa), Località Tramariglio, S.P. 55 N. 4
Alghero: I.P.A. S.Maria La Palma
Cagliari: Via Peretti 1
Carbonia: Via Mazzini 41
Castiadas: c/o ex Scuola Elementare, Loc. S. Pietro
Nuoro: c/o I.T.C "Satta", Loc. Biscollai s.n.c.
Olbia: c/o Polo formativo aeroporto Olbia - Costa Smeralda
Oristano: Liceo Classico "De Castro", Piazza Aldo Moro 2, 09170
Oristano: ITIS OTHOCA, Via Zara, Zona industriale
Sanluri: c/o I.T.C. "Colli Vignarelli", Via Gramsci
Scano di Montiferro: c/o Casa di Riposo, Via Cadau s.n.c.
Sennori: Via Roma s.n.c.
Terralba: Via S. Suina 9